So this blog has been layed by the way-side, mainly because I literally have not had Internet for the past month, aside from a couple of breif Internet Cafe sessions. Nevertheless, quite a lot has happenend in the past month. I've traveled from Ireland to North Ireland to the north of Scotland, where I am now living on a homestead/farm/brewery/furniture workshop complex working long days and learning wonderful things. The brewery work is dull and unenlightening, as only assembly line work with a bunch of surly and pessimistic Scottish young men can be, but the rest is great. I've practiced milking a cow, making butter and jam, cooking in an aga (oven that stays on all the time), and baking bread, along with garden work.
Most excitingly, looking back toward the US, I now have a job! I've accepted an AmeriCorps position with St. Mary's Nutrition Center in Lewiston, Maine. That means I have to fly back early, on Oct. 10, and immediately to Portland. Very exciting, but I'm also super-frustrated with trying to change my flight because I can't figure out how to put money on my phone. Note to US: please make phones that work in Europe.
I'm off to visit Samara on Tuesday, after which I will be more of a tourist and less of a farm girl, and will have more Internet, so a better post will follow!
Odd Future
-
Writing about music is probably the trickiest form of criticism out there.
What's good to one set of ears can be hemlock to another and vice versa,
and no ...
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment