Saturday, September 18, 2010

Zoom

So this blog has been layed by the way-side, mainly because I literally have not had Internet for the past month, aside from a couple of breif Internet Cafe sessions. Nevertheless, quite a lot has happenend in the past month. I've traveled from Ireland to North Ireland to the north of Scotland, where I am now living on a homestead/farm/brewery/furniture workshop complex working long days and learning wonderful things. The brewery work is dull and unenlightening, as only assembly line work with a bunch of surly and pessimistic Scottish young men can be, but the rest is great. I've practiced milking a cow, making butter and jam, cooking in an aga (oven that stays on all the time), and baking bread, along with garden work.

Most excitingly, looking back toward the US, I now have a job! I've accepted an AmeriCorps position with St. Mary's Nutrition Center in Lewiston, Maine. That means I have to fly back early, on Oct. 10, and immediately to Portland. Very exciting, but I'm also super-frustrated with trying to change my flight because I can't figure out how to put money on my phone. Note to US: please make phones that work in Europe.

I'm off to visit Samara on Tuesday, after which I will be more of a tourist and less of a farm girl, and will have more Internet, so a better post will follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment